BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — Police are investigating after a 13-year-old Billings boy suffered burns in what one of his rescuers said looked like a stunt.
Fire Capt. Mike Martin says three neighbors who heard the boy’s screams Tuesday night “went above and beyond” in using their shirts to put out the flames.
Police Sgt. Jason Gartner says the boy suffered burns on the lower part of his body and was being transferred to a burn center in Salt Lake City.
The fire looked like it might have been a stunt. Tanner Schilling, who lives across the street, said the fire burned away the boy’s pants and melted his shoes. Police believe gasoline was involved.
Gartner says police are trying to identify another boy who was in the field when the fire occurred, but ran off after the flames were out.
The Associated Press. KTVH. All Rights Reserved.