UPDATE (12:41 p.m.) – At the request of the GFPD, agents with the Montana Department of Justice’s Division of Criminal Investigation are investigating the shooting death of a burglary suspect in Great Falls.

At about 11:10 p.m. on Monday, GFPD officers responded to a report of a burglary in progress at a home on the 3100 block of 9th Avenue North.

According to the GFPD, the suspect was trying to break into a home and ran away when officers arrived.

The officers began chasing the suspect, and during the chase, according to the police, the suspect pulled out a weapon.

Story continues below

The suspect was then shot and killed by a GFPD officer.

No officers were injured during the incident.

A weapon was found at the scene, according to MT Department of Justice.

The name of the suspect has not yet been released, nor has the name of any of the officers involved.

Investigators are at the scene conducting interviews and processing evidence.

Once the investigation is complete, the case will be given to the Cascade County Attorney’s Office and a coroner’s inquest will be scheduled by Fergus County Coroner Dick Brown.

GREAT FALLS- A burglary suspect was shot and killed overnight in Great Falls.

The Great Falls Police Department says that at about 11:10 p.m. on Monday, officers responded to a report of a burglary in progress near the intersection of 9th Avenue North and 31st Street.

The GFPD said in a press release that “shortly after officers arrived on scene, shots were fired and a suspect was killed.”

The name of the suspect has not yet been released.

No officers were injured during the incident.

We do not yet know if the suspect was armed.

As per standard procedure in such incidents, Great Falls Police Chief David Bowen has requested that the Division of Criminal Investigation of the Montana Department of Justice investigate this incident and agents are currently at the scene.

The Cascade County Sheriff’s Office and Montana Highway Patrol are also assisting with the investigation.

The GFPD says that there is no threat to the community related to this incident.

As of 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, the area is still sealed off with crime-scene tape as officers continue investigating.

No other details have been released at this point.

We will update you as we get more information.