Reports To: Digital Director of Sales
Position Level: Sales Executive
Summary: The Digital Sales Specialist serves as the day-to-day contact to the TV sales team ensuring that it drives digital revenue and achieves monthly digital revenue budgets.The DSS is also responsible for fulfillment tasks related to revenue.
Specific Responsibilities: The DSS is responsible for preparing for and participating in “diagnosis”-type sales calls with TV account executives to determine overall television and digital marketing plan, building digital marketing packages, presenting and helping to close digital business from TV clients.
To achieve this, the DSS will:
- Accompany TV account executives on “4-legged” sales calls initiated by the TV team.
- Serve as a digital marketing consultant – with relevant subject-matter expertise in digital marketing solutions — in conjunction with TV account executives for local advertisers.
- Be knowledgeable, in the sense of managing client expectations, about all aspects of online marketing and sales, including display advertising, video, sponsorships, verticals, SEO, SEM, reputation management, email, social media, and mobile marketing.
- Provide excellent customer service to both clients and TV sales teams, including high availability and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
- Consistently achieve high activity levels in digital new business development from current and future television clients.
- Work cooperatively with TV sellers to ensure they see the mutual benefit of including the DSS on as many calls as possible.
- Encourage 4-legged calls by establishing excellent working relationships with the TV sellers.
- Work precisely and cooperatively with local and corporate digital operations staff and business staff to ensure timely, accurate sales order entry; insertion order entry; campaign creative production; campaign monitoring and optimization; and billing reconciliation.
- Routinely monitor and comprehend corporate and local communications on overall digital strategy and sales tactics, and participate in conversations on the company’s intranet and periodic sales conference calls.
- Report routinely to the DDS on all pertinent market intelligence, as well as account and pipeline status reports.
- When requested, assist in building and deploying sales-related services and collateral materials for the market.
Position Requirements: The Digital Sales Specialist should have the following, or comparable, skills, abilities and experience:
A bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or minimum 2 years sales, business development or related experience in digital advertising. A broad working knowledge of the fundamentals and emerging trends of digital media sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses. Understanding of local broadcast media businesses is helpful.
Excellent verbal, written and visual communications skills; presentation skills; and interpersonal communications skills.
Ability to balance many projects at once and establish great working relationships with all members of the TV sales team.
Stations of the Montana Television Network (KTVQ, KPAX, KRTV, KXLH, KBZK, KTVH, KXLH) offer a competitive benefit package and 401K. These stations are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Must provide a valid Montana driver’s license, Social Security card, your own vehicle and liability insurance.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and mention where you saw this posting when applying.