KALISPELL – It may be hard to believe, but spring open burn season opens this week.
Beginning on March 1 open burning will be allowed in Flathead County and northern Lake County.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Burn permits will not be required between March 1st and April 30th but will be between
- May 1st and June 30th.
- Natural vegetation and agricultural debris only
- Do not leave the fire unattended
- Your fire is not out until cold to the touch
- Check the local weather forecast and do not light your fire if windy conditions are predicted.
- Have enough water, tools, and people on site to help put out your fire if necessary.
- Your fire is not out until it is cold to the touch.
- Call 911 immediately if your fire does burn out of control.
For more information visit the DNRC’s page here.
Reporting by Jack Ginsburg for MTN News