MISSOULA - The recent spike in bear sightings across Western Montana has prompted MTN News to break down some important tips about how to tell the difference between grizzly bears and black bears.
Our Wildlife Correspondent Tanner Saul breaks down what you need to know.
Watch the video below to learn more.
Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks has additional information on how to "be bear aware" on its website.
You can learn more about how to tell the difference between grizzly bears and black bears by clicking here (pdf).
- RELATED: Residents react to seeing grizzly bears in Lolo, Florence area
- RELATED: Bears a problem for Missoula bakery
- RELATED: Caught on video: Bear takes a dip in the Clark Fork River
- RELATED: Grizzly bears stop by St. Ignatius home
- RELATED: Missoula not the only Montana community seeing more bear sightings
- RELATED: Brushing up on the bear spray basics in Montana