HELENA — With ballots arriving in mail boxes and election day just a few weeks away we wanted to provide you with a single page where you can learn about issues and races impacting Montana.
Your Guide to Elections
Our 2020 Election Guide provides key dates and deadlines that are important to remember leading up to November 3rd. It also has links to help you register to vote, sign up for a mail or absentee ballot and details about early in-person voting.
To help voters learn more about the candidates on the ballot this year, MTN hosted a series of debates with federal and statewide candidates. You can find links to the hour long MTN 2020 Vote debates here:
- WATCH: MTN 2020 Vote: the Race for U.S. Senate Debate
- WATCH: MTN 2020 Vote: The Race for Montana Governor Debate
- WATCH: MTN 2020 Vote: The Race for U.S. House Debate
MTN also hosted half hour debates with statewide candidates on our weekly Face the State program. You can find those debates below:
- Face the State: The Race for Secretary of State Debate
- Face the State: The Race for Montana Attorney General Debate
- Face the State: The Race for Montana State Auditor Debate
- Face the State: The Race for Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Face the State: The Race for Montana Supreme Court Justice
You can watch these debates on-line and on demand on our streaming app. The app is available to download on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV. To find details on how download our streaming app visit ktvh.com/streaming.
Montanan's will also choose whether to approve two ballot measures that would allow recreational use of marijuana. You can view our coverage of the issue below:
- MT voters will decide whether to legalize recreational marijuana
- Report highlights potential economic impact if Montana voters approve recreational marijuana
- Top law enforcement officers oppose marijuana initiatives during Billings rally
- Public lands groups back Montana marijuana initiatives; update on campaign fundraising
According to data from the National Institute on Money in Politics, Montana is currently ranked as the third most expensive Senate race in the nation for outside spending. Quite the feat given the Treasure State in the sixth smallest in terms of population. But the senate race is only one of several Montana contests drawing big dollars. MTN's team of political experts have been tracking where the money comes from and who is spending it.
- U.S. Senate contest is now the most expensive campaign in Montana history
- Flood of political mailers in MT are symptoms of larger fight
- Outside campaign money in MT gov race: Approaching $20M
- Montana marijuana legalization opponents want pro-legalization group to reveal donors
KTVH and MTN have also partnered with ProPublica's Electionland. ProPublica is a nonprofit investigative news organization, Electionland is a coalition of newsrooms around the U.S. investigating issues related to voter registration, pandemic-related changes to voting, the shift to vote-by-mail, cybersecurity, voter education, misinformation, and more.
You can help us - tell us if you experienced or witnessed any problems when casting your ballot. Text the word VOTE to 81380 to sign up, or visit our website for more information. Other ways you can connect with Electionland include:
- WhatsApp: Send the word VOTE, VOTA (for Spanish) or 投票 (for Chinese) to 1-850-909-8683.
- Facebook Messenger: Go to m.me/electionland.
- Complete this form to share your election experience with us so ProPublica and our partners can investigate.
You can bookmark this page and return it any time between now and November 3 to review updated stories on candidates, issues and voter resources.