GREAT FALLS – Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks shared the story several weeks ago of a bald eagle that had become ill.
The eagle was spotted by a couple that was boating on Flathead Lake; they called the FWP TIP-MONT hotline, and a warden came to help.
The eagle was taken to Central Valley Animal Hospital where it was examined and given fluids to help it recover.
FWP said in a Facebook post that the the eagle showed no signs of external injuries and most likely ingested something that made it sick.
On Tuesday, FWP shared video of the rehabbed eagle taking flight and venturing back into the wild.