Billings family escapes house fire

Posted at 3:39 PM, Aug 09, 2018
and last updated 2018-08-09 17:39:31-04

BILLINGS – A woman and two children escaped a house fire Thursday morning in central Billings.

The fire was reported around 7:40 a.m. at 51 Rhea Ln.

The woman and children were outside of the house when the Billings Fire Department arrived minutes later.

Battalion Chief Ed Regele said the front door of the home was open when they arrived and the woman and two children were standing outside.

Fire officials later said it appeared the fire was started accidentally by combustibles left on top of the kitchen stove. There was fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

The amount of damage was estimated at $200,000.

There were no injuries reported.

Reporting by Victoria Hill for MTN News