HELENA – The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) will host a public open house to discuss two projects located on Lincoln Road between Applegate Drive and Interstate 15 north of Helena.
The open house will be held at the Jim Darcy Elementary School Gymnasium, 990 Lincoln Road W., near Helena. Community members are encouraged to stop by anytime between 4 and 6:30 p.m
The open house is the public’s opportunity to:
• Discuss and comment on improvement options for the Lincoln – Applegate Intersection project.
• Get an update on the Lincoln Road: Montana to I-15 project.
The Lincoln – Applegate Intersection project is in the early stages of the design process. MDT is developing the project to improve traffic safety and improve traffic operations at this important intersection. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2021.
For more information about the Lincoln – Applegate Intersection project, visit: https://www.mdt.mt.gov/pubinvolve/lincolnapplegate/
The Lincoln Road: Montana to I-15 project began in 2013. MDT will be constructing traffic operations and safety improvements on Lincoln Road from North Montana Avenue through the I-15 interchange. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2022.
The planned improvements include:
• A single-lane roundabout with a westbound right-turn bypass lane at the intersection of Lincoln Road and North Montana Avenue.
• An eastbound right-turn bypass lane from Lincoln Road onto the I-15 southbound on-ramp.
• An additional lane on the southbound I-15 on-ramp.
• A westbound left-turn lane from Lincoln Road onto the I-15 southbound on- ramp.
• A single-lane roundabout with a northbound right-turn bypass lane at the Lincoln Road and I-15 northbound off-ramp.
For more information about the Lincoln Road: Montana to I-15 project, visit:
For more information about the open house contact Brandon Coates at Brandon@rbci.net or by phone at (406) 465-3350.