MISSOULA – Missoula’s law enforcement community honored their best and brightest during the 46th annual Law Enforcement Awards Banquet on Thursday.
Eight officers from the police and sheriff’s department, UM’s police force, dispatchers, detention officers and Fish, Wildlife and Parks received ‘officer of the year’ awards.
KPAX’s Jill Valley and Dennis Bragg emceed the event alongside keynote speaker Montana Attorney General Tim Fox. The event also raised money for “the Parenting Place”, a local non-profit dedicated to preventing child abuse.
Here’s a list of those who were honored at the event:
- Missoula County 911 Dispatcher Todd May
- Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Timothy Templeton
- Montana Probation & Parole Officer Nate Martin
- Missoula Police Department Sgt. Matt Kazinsky
- University of Montana Police Sgt. Brad Giffen
- Missoula County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Ken Guy
- Missoula County Detention Division Officer Cameron Brewer
- Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Officer Bill Kopper
Reporting by Lauren Heiser for MTN News