GREAT FALLS — There is less than a week left for applications to be accepted for the next dean of Great Falls College-MSU. Applications will be accepted through February 26.
The current dean, Susan Wolff, is retiring in June. She has has been the dean since 2012.
The chair of the search committee for a new dean, Brock Tessman, who is the Deputy Higher Education Commissioner for the Montana University System, said on Monday that he is pleased with the process.
The search committee also includes:
- Student representative (TBA), Great Falls College MSU
- Pamela Buckheit, chair of Staff Senate at Great Falls College MSU
- Tom Moore, superintendent of Great Falls Public Schools
- Bob Mokwa, provost and executive vice president, Montana State University
- Thomas Oakberg, vice president of the Montana Two-Year College Faculty Association
- Jana Parsons, chair Faculty Senate at Great Falls College MSU
"This is a terrific opportunity, so we're seeing a lot of interest. The next CEO/Dean will have big shoes to fill. Dean Wolff has been terrific for the college. We're happy with the applicant pool we've received so far and we're looking forward to reviewing those applications in a couple weeks,” Tessman said.
The goal is to have the dean chosen by the Board of Regents meeting in May and then have the Board approve the hire at the meeting.