GREAT FALLS — Just 21 days before the election, the Cascade County Elections Office will receive a grant to help with the unprecedented operation and budget challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
During Tuesday’s regularly scheduled meeting, County Commissioners approved the use of $294,128 in grant money from the Center For Tech And Civic Life to support the administration of safe and secure elections.
Cascade County Clerk & Recorder Rina Moore explained to the commission how the grant will be used: “Specific election related needs to include, election department real estate costs, or costs associated with satellite elections department offices. Staff, poll worker, voter personal protective equipment, polling place rental, or cleaning expenses for early voting or election day.”
The money for the grants was donated to the Center For Tech And Civic Life by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- Friday, October 2: Early voting begins at 7:00 a.m.
- Monday, October 26: Close of registration
- Tuesday, October 27: Late registration begins. This means that a person must come into the office in person. Prior to this, we will accept registration applications through the mail.
- All ballots must be received by 8:00 pm on Tuesday, November 3.
- Currently Montana does not accept a post mark; ballots must be in the office by 8:00 pm on election day.
1. Request an absentee ballot. Print it out, sign it and mail the request form back to your county board of elections.
2. Receive your ballot in the mail.
3. Fill your ballot out. You can mail it back or deliver it in person to your local county elections board.
Frequently Asked Questions
What assistance is there for voters with disabilities? Montana’s Statewide Elections have various options for voters with disabilities or voters who need special assistance; click here for details.
What are my voting options if I'm a member of the armed forces or overseas? Click here to learn how to vote if you are a member of the armed forces or are otherwise overseas.