GREAT FALLS — The Great Falls Development Authority hosted a "Housing Production Summit" on Tuesday, March 15, 2022. Great Falls - like many Montana towns, especially since the pandemic - is growing, with an influx of people moving into the city - and they need places to live.
Over the next several years, there will be expansions from Benefis Health System and Great Falls Clinic, as well as an addition of a medical school, and expansions from ADF and Calumet.
All told, these expansions are expected to bring more than 600 jobs to the Great Falls community.
A recent housing study commissioned by the Great Falls Development Authority shows there’s an immediate need for more housing. The study says the city needs about 450 new units every year for the next ten years.
"The data shows we need housing at all levels,” said Jolene Schalper, GFDA senior vice president.
Housing projects underway
- Discovery Meadows - 264-family unit complex of 1- to 2-bedroom units at 52nd and 7th Ave North
- Touro College Student Housing - 216 apartments near Great Falls Central Catholic High School
- Highland Development - 33rd Avenue South and 13th Street
- Ponderosa Place - 26 condo units at 24th Avenue South and 13th Street
- Lofts at the Station - 121 units with commercial space and shared outdoor space.
- Arc Apartments: 216-unit complex with studio apartments and one- and two-bedroom units; at Division Road and Smelter Avenue