PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. — According to a local plumbing service, a couple got the shock of a lifetime on Sunday morning when a lightning strike on their property caused their toilet to explode.
According to A1 Affordable Plumbing, a bolt of lightning struck the septic tank of the Port Charlotte home on Sunday. The lightning ignited the methane gas in the tank, and the eruption followed sewer pipes all the way up into the home's master bathroom.
According to A1, the toilet exploded "like a missile," sending pieces of porcelain flying in all directions. The plumbers even found pieces of porcelain embedded in the wall.
There were no fatalities, only a small injury to the homeowner. According to A1, the home will likely need a new septic tank and sewer pipes in addition to a new toilet.
This story was originally published by WFTX in Fort Myers, Florida.