Stevensville Mayor Brandon Dewey has announced changes to town services amid coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns.
Mayor Dewey says that in accordance with Gov. Steve Bullock’s state of emergency and Ravalli County’s preparedness plans some services are being modified in an attempt to minimize exposure to COVID-19.
Non-essential town meetings have been canceled or postponed, including advisory board meetings, planning meetings and other meetings that are not legally required.
The Town Council will not meet on March 19 or hold committee meetings that week. Council meetings will continue with a very limited agenda for essential business only.
“While the immediate risk to our community is believed to be low at this time, we are taking these measures for the health of our employees and our neighbors.” Mayor Dewey said in a news release.
The public service window at Town Hall is closed, however, staff will be available to answer phone calls at (406) 777-5271.
Payments for Town services can be made in the following ways:
- Water/Sewer: Pay online by clicking on pay online. Use the drop box at 206 Buck St. Mail payments to P.O. Box 30, Stevensville, 59870. Pay by phone at (406) 777-5271.
- Dog and chicken licenses: Pay online by clicking on pay online. Use the dropbox at 206 Buck St. By phone, call (406) 777-5271 or (406) 777-3773.
- City Court Payments: Use the dropbox at 206 Buck St. or online . Other information: Call (406) 777-5271 or (406) 777-3773.
- Building Code Enforcement will continue to conduct inspections by appointment.
- Building permits are available online . Permits can be faxed to (406) 777-4284 or emailed .
- Payment for building permits will be invoiced and can be made by mail or online on the building department website.
- Building plans can be dropped off at Town Hall by appointment only, please call (406) 777-3773.
- The Water Division has suspended all non-emergency services in customer's homes. Meter change-outs will not be conducted.
- Walk-in Services for the Police Department are suspended. Fingerprinting appointments will not be accommodated at this time. Police administration staff can be reached at (406) 777-3011 or (406) 777- 5271. Records requests can be completed online .
- City Court will hold appearances as scheduled.
Mayor Dewey notes that the Town of Stevensville will provide updated information as it becomes available. Residents can stay up to date on this rapidly evolving situation by visiting the town's website and the CDC's website .