HELENA — Drivers traveling in through central and southern Montana should use caution and take extra time to get to their destinations Wednesday morning.
The Helena School District is reminding parents that with the conditions outside, children should not be left alone at their bus stop.
The Montana Department of Transportation is reporting snow and ice on many roads and passes.
- US Highway 2 in the Browning area: snow and ice
- US Highway 2 between Cut Bank and Havre: slushy and wet
- I-15 between Great Falls and Conrad: snow and ice
- I-15 between Great Falls and Helena: snow and ice
- I-15 between Helena and Elk Park: snow and ice
- Highway 89 between Vaughn and Browning: snow and ice
- East bound I-90 over Homestake Pass: CLOSED
- I-90 between Butte and Belgrade: snow and ice
- I-90 between Bozeman and Springdale (east of Livingston): snow covered
According to MDT's Road Report Twitter feed chains are required for towing units on Homestake Pass, Boulder Hill and MacDonald Pass.
A semi is reportedly blocking US Highway 287 toward the top of Norris Hill north of Ennis.
Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls reported on its Facebook page that road conditions are considered hazardous and that delayed reporting for non-mission essential personnel has been authorized.
Tune in to KTVH Daybreak at 6:00 a.m. for the latest StormTracker forecast and travel conditions. You can also watch live right here on KTVH.com.