The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Red Flag
Warning for strong winds and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from 11 AM to 9 PM MDT Saturday. The Fire Weather Watch is
no longer in effect.
* AFFECTED AREA…Fire Weather Zones 112, 113, 114, 115 and 117.
* TIMING…Another period of windy conditions and low humidity will
occur Saturday afternoon and evening.
* WINDS…Sustained west winds of 25 to 35 mph, with gusts
up to 45 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY…As low as 10 percent.
* TEMPERATURES…In the lower to mid 90s at lower elevations.
* IMPACTS…Strong westerly winds will make it difficult to
contain any new fire starts in areas that have dried out.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this Red Flag Warning.