The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Red Flag
Warning for low relative humidity and dry thunderstorms, which is
in effect from 11 AM to 9 PM MDT Saturday.
* AFFECTED AREA…Fire Weather Zone 118.
* TIMING…Saturday afternoon and evening.
* WINDS…West 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph over the
northern potions of the region, mostly north of Townsend.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY…As low as 10 percent over the northern
portions of the region.
* TEMPERATURES…In the upper 80s.
* LIGHTNING…Dry thunderstorms are possible in the southern
portions of the region, mostly south of Townsend.
* IMPACTS…Breezy westerly winds will make it difficult to
contain any new fire starts in areas that have dried out.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this Red Flag Warning.