The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Red Flag
Warning for gusty winds and low humidity, which is in effect from
noon to 9 PM MDT Tuesday.
* AFFECTED AREA…Fire Weather Zones 112 and 113.
* WINDS…West 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY…As low as 14 percent.
* TEMPERATURES…In the mid 80s.
* IMPACTS…Gusty westerly winds will make it difficult to contain
any new fire starts in areas that have dried out.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this Red Flag Warning.