The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for gusty winds, low humidity, and lightning from a
combination of wet and dry thunderstorms, which is in effect from
Friday afternoon through Friday evening.
* AFFECTED AREA…Fire Weather Zones 112 and 113.
* WINDS…South 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY…As low as 10 percent.
* TEMPERATURES…In the upper 80s to near 100 degrees.
* LIGHTNING…A mix of wet and dry thunderstorms will create
isolated to scattered lightning strikes, primarily across Fire
Weather Zone 113.
* IMPACTS…Lightning strikes could create new fires. Strong
outflow winds from any storms could allow fires to grow quickly.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are possible. A combination of gusty winds, low relative
humidity, and warm temperatures will create high fire growth
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this Fire Weather Watch.